Thursday, October 9, 2008

Indian Summer

It feels like Indian Summer today in New York. We are a full nine days into October and while earlier in the week the weather has been a bit blustery and chilly (prompting us all to whip out our new fall clothes! I swear I saw someone with gloves on the other day... I mean, come on!), today is warm and downright balmy. As I start thinking about holiday invitations and winter coats, I feel a bit bittersweet that summer is over.
Don't you just love this color palette though? The pink and deep yellow are cheerful but earthy. It all seems so warm and inviting.
Late summer sunflowers
How gorgeous would a rustic dinner party in late summer look with plates and plates of heaping heirloom tomatoes in the center? The colors and shapes are gorgeous and potentially much more affordable than flowers. I would have beautiful bottles of olive oil on the table as well. Gorgeous and delicious!

Heirloom Tomatoes - so gorgeous, so yummy!

Photocredits: Both images from the New York Times. Flowers and Tomatoes.

No comments: